Over this past 2 days, I was frequently getting this error and i had been struggling to connect to internet using bsnl dataone. There was absolutely no problem with my password and the modem and adsl was working fine yet i get this error. Sometimes it connects fine and most times i face this problem.
Error 691: Access was denied because the username/password was invalid on the domain.
Here are the main possible reasons for this error 691:
1. Your username and password could be changed. Double check the correct username and password and try again.
2. Your connection could be already active or could be used by someone. In that case you might want to consider changing your password by logging to dataone.in website. if that didnt work try resetting the modem. Take a pen and insert to modem reset slot and keep pressing for about 10 seconds until the modem restarts.
3. Another possibility could be some maintenance work could be going on with authentication server by BSNL. You might want to switch off modem wait for few minutes and try again later.
4. If nothing works, call the BSNL call centre and they will help you out.
How did i fix it?
In my case the problem was with the corrupt network driver. Once my PC crashed which caused some files of network driver corrupt and was repeatedly giving this error. I re-installed the network card drivers and this problem was gone.
UPDATE: I finally figured out what the problem was! There was a faulty telephone cable causing this problem and we called a technician from telephone company and he replaced the whole cable. Now this problem was totally gone!
- BSNL Dataone – Common Error Messages & Code Numbers
- BSNL Dataone – Automatically connect to Internet when modem switched ON
- How to Connect iPod Touch to Internet that Requires Username/Password
- Troubleshooting BSNL Broadband related Issues in your Telephone line
- how to secure a wireless router/modem?
- How to configure modem/router for Airtel Broadband
- Fixing connection timed out in Mac wireless connectivity
- Fix: Can’t connect to local MySQL server through socket ‘/var/lib/mysql/mysql.sock’
- Tataindicom Plug2surf Internet not working!
- CPU Exceeded Error on a New Host