DNS-Test :: Free dns checking tool script!
I a wrote a dns checking script perl in script (CGI available) which can perform various tests for dns including…
* Checking for Nameservers NS records
* Website IP address (A Record)
* NS records from parent servers (root server)
* Check for LAME nameservers (Authoritative nameservers)
* Check for Open DNS server
* Check for Zone Transfer (AXFR)
* Check for NS ips on same subnet
* Check for SOA record (with TTL, Referesh etc…)
* Check for Stealth Nameservers
* CNAME Misconfiguration.
* Mailserver MX records
* MX Reverse IP Retrieval
* Check for SPF record
* Check for Domain Keys
The reason i chose perl over php is because its simply too powerful when programming for DNS. You can download the CGI version of script written in perl below.
- Perl Net DNS Tutorial for Querying DNS Servers
- Sample DNS Zone File for BIND
- Troubleshooting Common DNS Misconfiguration Errors
- Domain with WWW not resolving problem!
- Using Dig tool for DNS lookups and Nameserver query
- Registering DNS Nameserver with Godaddy
- How to secure your DNS server
- Setup Postfix/Dovecot MailServer for Centos/RHEL
- easyapache -Premature end of script headers error in cpanel