The Vanuatu Development Support Program (DSP) offers honorary citizenship to foreign investors against one time contribution of USD 200,000 to a fund. Investors in the scheme will qualify for citizenship and passport in Vanuatu. The Honorary Citizenship Development Support Program is launched by the Government of Republic of Vanuatu in March 2017.
Vanuatu, an archipelago of approximately 83 islands, situated in the South-western Pacific Ocean East of Australia and North of New Zealand and a part of Commonwealth. Vanuatu is known as the ‘Isles of Contrast’ and ‘Paradise Islands’. Vanuatu is also popular for offshore financial center and a famous tropical holiday destination for travelers . Vanuatu also voted as fourth happiest country in the world. Major economic activities in Vanuatu are agriculture, tourism, offshore financial services, fishing and cattle farming.
Vanuatu Citizenship by Investment
The benefits of economic citizenship in Vanuatu are
- Second passport in a tax friendly country.
- Right to live, work and do business in Vanuatu as a citizen.
- Visa free travel to 113 countries including Russia, United Kingdom and EU Schengen states.
- Citizenship in a commonwealth country.
- Citizenship for spouse, children and parents.
- Processing time is 2 months.
- No residence requirements for citizenship.
- No requirement to visit Vanuatu for citizenship.
- Opportunity to Invest or trade in Vanuatu business or enterprise projects
- Real estate investment in resorts and hotels.
- No income tax for individuals/ companies.
- No death duty levied.
- No capital gains tax.
- No estate taxes.
- English is official language
- Dual citizenship not restricted freely allowed
- Citizenship for family and children
- Vanuatu has no foreign currency controls.
- Invest in real estate.
Vanuatu Development Support Program
Vanuatu requires one time contribution of USD 130,000 plus Due dliligence fee ($40,000) plus Government fee($30,000) as per the Development support program (DSP) rules. The total costs listed below includes due diligence and Government fees. The DSP scheme replaces the existing Vanuatu Economic Rehabilitation Program (VERP).
|Applicant + Spouse||$220,000|
|Applicant + Spouse + 2 Children under 18 years||$240,000|
|Applicant + Parents above 65 years||$280,000|
Vanuatu passport has visa free travel to United Kingdom, EU schengen states, Russia. Citizens of Vanuatu can visit Australia through Online Visitor e600 visa
Citizenship is approved after initial vetting of applicants for criminal background.
Citizens of North Korea, Yemen, Syria, Iraq and Iran are restricted from applying for Vanuatu citizenship program
Vanuatu Government has made it clear that it will not accept Bitcoin for the citizenship by investment programme.
The chairman of the Vanuatu Information Centre (VIC), Geoffrey Bond, has stated that “the Government of Vanuatu has explicitly expressed a desire to be at the forefront of adopting new technologies, officially encouraging the VIC to receive payments in bitcoin. Bond states that “in addition to the normal due diligence probity checks that are required to obtain Vanuatu Citizenship, all bitcoin transactions will be run through our partner’s Australian Exchange and meet with the normal compliance requirements imposed by the Australian Financial Regulator.”
Vanuatu Permanent Residency Program
Permanent Residency is possible in Vanuatu upon buying a property for USD 100,000 or proving a monthly income of USD 2500. Citizenship possible after 10 years of living in Vanuatu under this option under the naturalisation process. Permanent residency card (PR card) can be obtained for additional fee $10,000 for individuals and $12,000 for family.
Vanuatu Real Estate
Foreigners can freely invest in Vanuatu real estate without any need for license. There is no freehold land in Vanuatu, and buying a property is actually a transfer of lease for 50 years or 75 years.
According to Global Property Guide, Residential property prices are around US$800 – US$970 per sq. m. (VUV 92,250 to VUV 111,850). A 100 sq. m. property could be bought for VUV 11.2 million (US$97,000). Rental yields are of 8.3%.
Property transactions are done in several currencies, including the Vanuatu Vatu (VUV). According to Island Property, the best places to buy properties in Vanuatu are:
- Residential – In Port Vila, Tassiriki, Elluk, the Harbourfront, First Lagoon, Second Lagoon, Bellevue, Malapoa and the oceanfront subdivisions near town such as Dream Cove, Angelfish Bay, Paradise Cove, Bukura, Narpow Point and Havannah Harbour
- Commercial – the CBD and main street and central harbourfront
- Agricultural – Efate & Santo islands
Typical Buyer costs:
- 2% Stamp Duty (4% through existing company)
- 5% Title Transfer Registration
- 0.5% – 1.0% Legal costs
Rainbow city town project is a six star hotel, casino and residential town project in Vanuatu with shopping center, school, church and villas and apartments. The minimum investment starts from USD 100,000 onwards. Please contact us for more information about investing in this project.
1. Under the DSP program of Vanuatu what kind of citizenship the applicant receives?
All applicants are eligible for the Honorary Citizenship of Vanuatu.
2. How long the passport, received under the DSP program, is valid?
Passports are valid for a period of 5 years renewable for the same period without any special fees.
3. How many countries are in the visa-free list for the citizens of Vanuatu?
Currently there are 125 visa-free or visa on arrival countries for the holders of Vanuatu citizenship, including EU, United Kingdom and Singapore.
4. The advertised 4 weeks time period for the whole process is real?
Yes, the process from the start of the application till the day when actual passports are issued normally takes up to 4 weeks, but we prefer to reserve a time period of up to 6 weeks to be sure.
5. No income tax in Vanuatu (or any other taxes except VAT). Is it true that income tax will be implemented in Vanuatu soon?
There is an initiative by the current government to enforce the income tax in the middle of 2018, but it hasn’t been approved, and most likely won’t be.
6. Are there any reports of the Vanuatu Honorary citizenship holders having problems with visa-free entry to EU or any other countries from the list?
There are no reports of Vanuatu Honorary citizenship holders having any problems with entry and stay in EU, U.K., Singapore, UAE and other visa-free countries.
7. Citizens of how many countries currently are banned from participation in Vanuatu’s DSP program?
There are still five countries in the list: Iran, Iraq, Syria, North Korea and Yemen.
8. Is it true that the Vanuatu Government have already revoked some designated agents’ licenses?
Yes, some agents’ licenses have been canceled or will be canceled soon as a result of violations.
9. Is it possible to register an offshore company with Vanuatu citizenship under DSP?
Offshore company is not part of the standard package, but our company can register one for its clients.
10. Are there options to get Vanuatu citizenship by real estate investments?
There are no such options under the official government’s programs, but our company offers such packages for those clients interested in both Vanuatu citizenship and our real estate project Rainbow City.
11. Is it still possible to pay for Vanuatu citizenship with Bitcoins?
No. Neither Government nor our company accept Bitcoins,
12. Do you provide any guarantees that the client will not lose his money if his application is not approved?
Yes, we can guarantee that the only amount the client can potentially loose is an initial non-refundable deposit of $5,000
- Capital and largest city: Port Vila
- Official languages: Bislama, French, English
- Total Area12,189 km2 (4,706 sq mi)
- Population286,429 (2016 estimate)
- GDP (PPP) 2017 estimate Total $723 million
- GDP (nominal) 2017 estimate Total $773 million
- Currency Vanuatu vatu (VUV)
- Time zone VUT (Vanuatu Time) (UTC+11)
- Drives on the right
- Calling code +678
- ISO 3166 code VU
- Internet TLD .vu
- 15 Citizenship by Real Estate Investment Programs
- Second Citizenship by Real Estate Investment
- St Kitts Citizenship & Passport by Real Estate Investment
- Grenada approved citizenship to 1300 new citizens under CBI programme
- Antigua citizenship will cost more from May 1, 2016
- St Kitts has sold over 10,000 passports until 2016
- Got $100k? You can legally immigrate to Europe!
- Antigua ranks No 1 citizenship program in the Caribbean
- 7 Best second passports to buy offshore under fast track
- Citizenship/Residency through property ownership