Portugal’s golden visa program, which generated over 2 billion euros seems to be on a decline. Foreign investors can get residency in Portugal, provided they buy a property worth 500,000 euros.
According to the statistics SEF Portugal immigration office, only 80 ARI residence permits were issued in August 2016 under golden visa scheme.
Analysing the 3 month statistics (May – Aug 16),
Now we subtract the differences in totals to evaluate monthly totals.
|Month||Residence permits issued|
These latest statistics of the month August until 31 st, also show only 45 chinese, 9 Brazilians, 1 Russian, 10 South africans, 2 lebanese granted golden visa in one month period.
Chinese are the majority investors in golden visa scheme, which catapulted golden visa scheme a great success!
It is not entirely known what is causing the decline, and few reasons one could speculate, rising property prices in Portugal, or a brexit fallout.
We assist clients with golden visa scheme in Portugal. Please contact our team.
- Portugal golden visa scheme brings 1.8 billion euros, 3000 investors
- Portugal issued 11,461 golden visa residence permits as of Jan 2017
- Wealthy Russians and South Africans seek Portugal golden visa
- Latvia golden visa ‘cheapest’ in Europe
- Italy to offer golden visa to high net worth investors
- Portugal Golden Residence Permit attracts Investors to Portugal
- Golden visa comparison – Portugal, Spain, Greece, Belgium, Malta, Cyprus, Hungary, UK, USA
- New Citizenship by Investment Programs for 2017
- Citizenship by investment to become popular with Americans
- Portugal and Antigua – Winners of Golden visa and Citizenship programs