The H-1B is a non-immigrant visa in the United States under the Immigration and Nationality Act, section 101(a)(15)(H). It allows U.S. employers to temporarily employ foreign workers in specialty occupations.
U.S. businesses use the H-1B visa program to employ foreign workers in specialty occupations that require the theoretical or practical application of a body of highly specialized knowledge, including but not limited to scientists, engineers, or computer programmers.
According to Office of Foreign Labour Certification 2015 Report, Deloitte Consulting LLP was the top employer for H-1B positions certified in FY 2015.
California was the top work state for 3 out of the top 10 H-1B employers. In FY 2015, Texas, New York, New Jersey, and Illinois rounded out the top states for the top 10 H-1B employers. Most of the top 10 H-1B employers’ top occupations were in the computer related fields such as computer systems analysts and computer programmers. Occupations in Marketing, Accounting, and General Management covered the rest.
- UK investor visas plunge after £2m increase
- New Citizenship by Investment Programs for 2017
- Rising demand for citizenship passports and golden visas
- Golden visa comparison – Portugal, Spain, Greece, Belgium, Malta, Cyprus, Hungary, UK, USA
- UK granted 4,519 high value tier1 investor visas in 2016
- Wealthy Russians and South Africans seek Portugal golden visa
- Fast Track Immigrant investor visa to US
- World’s Top Citizenship and Residency Programs
- 50 Amazing countries Indians can travel without visa
- Indians can buy citizenship in Europe for €1 million euros