St Lucia entered citizenship by investment market in 2015, while Dominica is most popular CIP program running since 1993. As of 2017, both the programs cost $100,000 for their passports. One big difference is real estate is cheaper in Dominica costing $200,000.
But what is the main difference between Dominica and Saint Lucia citizenship by investment passport programs? Lets take a look below..
|Economic citizenship by investment programme started in||2015||1993|
|National Fund (one time donation)||$100,000 (donation)
1. Applicant applying alone: $100,000
2. Applicant applying with spouse: US$165,000
3. Applicant applying with spouse and up to two (2) other qualifying dependents: US$190,000
4. Each additional qualifying dependant, of any age: US$25,000
1. Single Applicant: a non-refundable contribution of US$ 100,000 is required
2. Main Applicant and Spouse: a non-refundable contribution of US$ 175,000 is required
3. Applicant with up to three dependents (Applicant plus spouse and two children below the age of 18): a non-refundable contribution of US$ 200,000
4. Applicant with up to four dependents or more (Applicant plus spouse and more than two children below the age of 18): a non-refundable contribution of USD 200,000 (plus USD 50,000 for each additional dependent).
|Passport rank||37th in world passport rankings*||41st in world passport rankings*|
|Visa free travel||125 countries *||119 countries *|
|Processing time||3 months||4 months|
|Government bonds||$500,000||option not available|
|Business Enterprise||$1,000,000 (joint venture)||option not available|
|Passport valid for||–||10 years|
|Visa not required||United, Kingdom, Argentina, Chile, EU schengen states, Singapore, Hong Kong, Israel, South Korea, Switzerland, India, Iran, Egypt||United Kingdom, EU Schengen states, Singapore, Hong Kong, Israel, South Korea, Switzerland, India, Iran, Egypt|
|Visa required||United States, Canada, South Africa, Brazil, Australia, New Zealand, Thailand, Russia, China, Japan||United States, Canada, Brazil, Argentina, Chile, South Africa, Australia, New Zealand, Thailand, Russia, China, Japan|
|Personal visit||not required||not required|
|Due Diligence fees||
Each qualifying dependant (Over 16 years of age):
|Main Applicant – USD 7,500*
Spouse – USD 7,500
Dependant aged 16 years and above – USD 4,000
Saint Lucia is more mountainous than other caribbean islands.
|Dominica is called “Nature Isle” full of waterfalls, rain forests, mountains.|
* Henley visa restrictions index 2016
We assist clients with citizenship by investment in Dominica and Saint Lucia. Please contact us for a free quote with private consultation or call +41 71 577 46 23 .
- Citizenship comparison – St Kitts vs Antigua vs Grenada vs St Lucia vs Dominica
- Grenada vs St Lucia – Citizenship by investment
- St Kitts vs Antigua Citizenship by Investment passports
- St Lucia citizenship reduced to $100,000 from Jan 2017
- Dominica citizenship to cost $100,000 from 1 Aug 2016
- St lucia citizenship limited to 500 applications per year
- Malta vs Cyprus – Citizenship by investment
- St Kitts Citizenship just got ‘cheaper’ with Hurricane Relief Fund option
- Antigua ranks No 1 citizenship program in the Caribbean
- Antigua citizenship will cost more from May 1, 2016