Germany offers residency to high net investors and investors investing in Germany with a minimum investment of EUR 200,000 in a new German business venture or company.
German is attractive to to many foreign, investors, entrepreneurs and self employed persons to live and work in Germany.
- Germany is Biggest Economy and Best Investment Destination in Europe
- Germany is a Schengen country.
- No minimum residency requirements
- Visa Free movement in Schengen states.
- Business Trade Hub in Europe .
- Family members also receive Residency in Germany.
- PR card after 3 years of living.
- German citizenship after 8 years of living.
- German passport ranked as No. 1 powerful in the world.
- Best Investment Destination in Europe
- Invest in German Real Estate Market
- Major airline connections to most parts of Europe.
Germany Residence Program
Business investors and self-employed persons can obtain a residence permit through § 21 AufenthG by acquiring or founding a German company. A minimum of EUR 200,000 – 250,000 euros investment required to be considered by the authorities.
§ 21 AufenthG (German residence act) allows entrepreneurs and self-employed personnel from third-countries can acquire a German residence permit. The following applicants are entitled to apply:
- Foreign entrepreneurs, who aim to start-up a business in Germany
- Foreign entrepreneurs who aim to set up an overseas branch
Directors, managers, legal representatives of business-partnerships as well as stock corporations are entitled as long as they are not working under an employee-status.
The key to obtaining a German residence permit as an self employed person is showing that the business will have positive effects on the German economy, i.e. that there is an economic interest in and/or a regional need for the business and that financing has been secured.
Foreign investors after making the business investment qualify for long term ‘D’ visa and residence permit (temporary residence) in Germany. The duration of residence permit is usually two or three years which can can be prolonged. It is possible to apply for permanent settlement permit in Germany after three years of living.
There are no requirements to live permanently in Germany but required to visit atleast once a year.
German Permanent Residency
A Permanent settlement permit (unlimited residence permit – § 9 section 2 AufenthG) in Germany can be granted after 3 years, if a full coverage of the applicants means of subsistence and a successful business can be demonstrated.
Naturalizing for Citizenship in Germany is possible after 8 years of continuous living in Germany, provided there are..
- No criminal record.
- Sufficient income and financial means to live in Germany
- Paid Taxes and Health contributions
- Knowledge of German language.
Our lawyers can help you with immigration and citizenship matters including taxes, accounting etc in Germany. Please contact us for more information.
- Residence Permit (RP) vs Permanent Residency (PR)
- 10+ Best Real Estate Citizenship Programs
- France residence permit for Entrepreneur investors
- Belgium Golden Visa for Investors
- Netherlands Golden Visa Residence by Investment
- Swiss residence permit for investors with $1 million investment
- Golden visa comparison – Portugal, Spain, Greece, Belgium, Malta, Cyprus, Hungary, UK, USA
- Best Countries for Investor Residence & Citizenships
- Italy to offer golden visa to high net worth investors
- Hungary Residency Bond Program is “The Best in Europe”