Portugal Golden visa program through property investment has reached €3 billion euros by foreigners purchasing a real estate and applying for ‘Golden visa’ in Portugal.
Portugal’s golden visa program is one of the most popular and successful golden visa programs in Europe with minimum property investment requiring EUR 350,000 (outside Lisbon) and EUR 500,000 (in Lisbon). Property buyers issued residence permits, enjoy free movement in the Schengen area.
According to the latest statistics released by SEF Portugal, the total Golden visa investment has reached €3.32 billion and out of that real estate investment alone is €3 billion euros by purchasing a property in Portugal.
Portuguese, EU/EEE nationals are not eligible for the ARI / Golden Visa scheme. Golden visa applicants can apply for Portuguese citizenship, by naturalization, provided all other requirements set out by the Nationality Act are fulfilled under Act number 37/81 of 3 October.
Chinese and Brazilian investors are the leading investors, followed by South Africans in the Portugese Golden visas, according to the data as of 31 Oct 2017.
The data shows only 8 investors received golden visas created 10 job positions each and 299 investors by transferring capital. These numbers show property investment is the most popular route
- 5105 ARI by acquiring real estate (5042 by article 65-A (1) (c) and 63 by article 65-A (1) (d)) Order 15-A/2015 of September
- 299 ARI by transferring capital
- 8 ARI by creating, at least,10 job positions
Total 5412 Residence permits for pursuing investment activities (ARI) from 2012
Total 9023 Residence permits to family members (family reunification)
- Portugal issued 11,461 golden visa residence permits as of Jan 2017
- Portugal golden visa scheme brings 1.8 billion euros, 3000 investors
- Golden Visa Greece investment reaches €1 billion
- Portugal golden visa scheme on a decline!
- Wealthy Russians and South Africans seek Portugal golden visa
- Golden visa comparison – Portugal, Spain, Greece, Belgium, Malta, Cyprus, Hungary, UK, USA
- Portugal Golden Residence Permit attracts Investors to Portugal
- Latvia golden visa ‘cheapest’ in Europe
- 15 Citizenship by Real Estate Investment Programs
- Golden Visa Australia brings AUD 8.8 billion investment