Cyprus remains another popular country for immigration. According to Civil Registry and Migration Department statistics, Cyprus issued a total of 3472 residence permits for July 2016.
The main country of origin is Russia for immigration permits which is issued based on investment for third country nationals. Cyprus issued 9302 immigration permits as of July 2016.
Investors who apply for Citizenship by investment exception scheme (€2 million) or Permanent residency program (€300,000) are initially given immigration permit first which is later converted to citizenship after 7 years of living.
As of July 31, Cyprus granted residence permits under the following categories.
|Family member reunification||1799|
Cyprus passport is ranked as 17th powerful european passport in the world with visa free travel to 158 countries according to 2017 Visa restrictions index
Population as % of total EU: 0.2 % (2015)
Gross domestic product (GDP): € 17.421 billion (2015)
Official EU language(s): Greek
Geographical size: 9 251 km²
Political system: presidential republic
EU member country since: 1 May 2004
Seats in the European Parliament: 6
Currency: Euro. Member of the eurozone since 1 January 2008
Schengen area member? No, Cyprus is not a member a member of the Schengen Area.
Population: 847 008 (2015)
- Portugal issued 11,461 golden visa residence permits as of Jan 2017
- Citizenship in Cyprus reduced to €2 million euro investment
- 8 Passports for sale to big investors
- 10+ Best Real Estate Citizenship Programs
- Portugal golden visa scheme brings 1.8 billion euros, 3000 investors
- Portugal golden visa scheme on a decline!
- Hungary entrepreneur visa cheapest in Europe
- Talking about Schengen 90 days out of 180 day rule!!
- Got $100k? You can legally immigrate to Europe!
- Wealthy Russians and South Africans seek Portugal golden visa