Well, during these three years many (iportant) things striked and made the Internet less interesting without two of the best web directories: Yahoo’s Directory and DMOZ. I really feel sorry for DMOZ, maybe because I spent some of my spare time editing. AOL took the domain name, however the content belongs to the editors and metas.
Yes, “Humans still do it better”. It’s true even in the web directory industry. To be honest, there are very few quality web directories managed to keep their reputation, power and usefulness. And, as I always stated, the secret is simple: best web directories apply a strong editorial discretion.
So, today I updated Updated DA, MR, BL, Alexa, removed from the list DMOZ and Yahoo’s Directory. I also removed Starting Point Directory because it seems that they abandoned the idea of what a web directory means (for example, in the Internet category they have only… two listings.) Since PageRank doesn’t exist anymore (fortunately for some, unfortunately for others) I decided to replace it with Trust Flow (Majestic’s most important website quality metric tool). I also decided to remove from my list spam directories (aka. directories where anyone can get in paying a fee).
Removing webworldindex.com from the list because returns a 404 error and there is no page indexed by Google. Removing wowdirectory.com – parked domain.
TF = Trust Flow, MR = MozRank, DA = Domain Authority, BL = Backlinks from unique domains, ED = Edotorial Discretion.
- 25+ Best High Quality Web Directories to Submit your Website
- 10 Most Popular Web Directories
- Top 20 Web Directories
- Why Pay for Inclusion in Directories?
- Domain with WWW not resolving problem!
- How to write good titles & descriptions for directory submissions?
- Fix – error occured while processing this directive – shtml 500 server error
- PHP – How to get domain name from URL?
- CPU Exceeded Error on a New Host
- 15 Great Tips to save your Adwords advertising dollars!